Do you need to buy a pole saw anytime soon? Are you troubled on what to consider in buying a good pole saw? If yes, then you are at the right place. Like it is when choosing to buy any product, choosing the right pole saw can be very stressful. It can be more stressful when you have no idea of the available pole saws in the market.
Having considered several available pole saws in the market, we have compiled a list of the best available pole saws in the Market.
Reading this article, you will explore the best pole saw in the market and how to buy the best pole saw.
Types of Pole Saw
1. Electric Pole Saw
These are Pole Saws that uses electricity to run. The fact that they are driven by electricity makes them very powerful.
They tend to be very light and produce very little noise, if at all they do. For those who love noiseless machines, this can be the best choice for you.
Electric Pole Saw, with 6-8Amp rated motor is more effective in cutting thick branches. Rains can interfere with the usage of these devices.
You may not love this Pole Saws because they are corded. It can be very annoying to drag the cord along while working on your yard. Further, the cord my limit the distance from the power source in which you can trim.
Nonetheless, you can always adjust the length of the cord by connecting an additional cord to the main cord.
- Easy to use
- Noiseless operations
- No fumes
- Considerably powerful
- The cord limits movement away from away from the power source
2. Gas Pole Saw
It’s name is suggest that these pole saws users Gas as the powering fuel. Because most people consider as safe and clean, these pole saws are widely used. They boost as the most powerful pole saws in the market.
These Pole Saws offer an excellent performance and you can easily move with them. If you intend to work in a large yards with numerous trees, then this is the right choice of a pole saw for you.
These pole saws operate for long periods of time provided they remain properly maintained. They may emit fumes that can be very disgusting and you got to frequently check the gas levels. Nonetheless, we highly recommend these types of pole saws for heavy duty chores.
- Very powerful
- Operate for longer hours
- Very durable
- Perfect for heavy duty chores
- Produce fumes
- Noisy operation
3 Cordless Pole Saw
These are battery powered pole saws that are very efficient to use as they do away with the cord. The battery can always be charged used and recharged when the battery runs low.
These pole saws are conveniently portable and are environmental-friendly. Moving forward, with the Climate change and degradation of the environment, the environmental friendly machines will take over the market.
They come with battery capacity of 20V or 40V. The limited battery life is posing as a challenge to the use of these machines.
Lastly, the pole saws may seem heavier than electric pole saws, but are definitely lighter compared to the gas pole saws.
- Quiet operation
- Less weight compared to gas pole saws
- Less powerful
- Limited battery life
Reviews of the Best Power Pole Saws
1. Remington RM1025 SPS Ranger Electric Pole Saw
When you find it hard to reach some branches, Remington RM1025SPS solves the issue without breaking a sweat. It can even cut through some thicker branches. Essentially, it’s a two tools in one . You can use it as a traditional chainsaw yet still you can attach a pole to it and use it for reaching branches several feet away from your head.
It basically eliminates the need for a ladder as it can comfortably be used without a lady. The pole saw can reach up to 15 feet. The length of the blade on the end of the chainsaw is about 10-inches that can serve you well in trimming small to medium-sized branches.
You can use the Remington Ranger pole saw comfortably with its non-slip grip and anti-rotation pole for more security and fewer accidents. Unfortunately, the Remington Ranger isn’t self-lubricating like most new-designed pole saws are. So you may need to manually oil the chain.
The Remington Ranger pole saw is fitted with an optimized 8-amp motor that’s lightweight but powerful enough to cut through most branches. The motor is 1.5 horsepower at 120VAC consuming about 960 watts. Notably, the saw is powered by plugging in the cord into an electrical outlet, so this can limit the amount of freedom you have while maneuvering around trees.
Furthermore, the pole saw is noiseless in its operations. One complain by users of most pole saws is the noise levels. However, Remington RM1025 SPS is very quiet in its operations. However, some users complain that after a long time of use, the chain begins to make some noise.
- Low kickback chain to reduce the likelihood and effects of kickback.
- Lockout button for safe starting to ensure that the saw is not accidentally switched on.
- Bumper spikes on the front of the saw to help pivot the saw and provide cutting stability.
- Detachable 10-foot aluminum pole saw;
- Powerful 8-amp electric motor for smooth cuts;
- Low kickback 10-inch bar and chain for more safety during operation;
- Comfortable nonslip grip and anti-rotation pole design
- Front hand guard to provide protection should the front hand slip off the handle during operation.
- Rear hand guard to provide protection should the chain snap or disengage from the guide bar.
- Flip and lock clambake which firmly attach the chainsaw to the pole
- Very easy to assemble
- Chain catcher designed to provide protection
- Has a comfortable nonslip grip for more control
- Easily detachable pole for more manageable chainsaw use
- Doesn’t makes too much noise
- Has a detachable saw
- Easy to use
- Reasonable pricing
- Efficient cutting strength for small to medium branches
- Can be top heavy when extended which puts strain on upper body
- Powered through a cord for limited mobility
The Remington RM1025SPS Chain Saw/Pole Saw Combo device is a great idea . You may have come across some negative reviews about this product, but with that this pole saw has an excellent performance. It serves the purpose well.
2. Sun Joe SWJ 800E
This is a cheaper alternative to Remington RM1025. It’s cheap yet still very powerful, reliable and convenient to use. So if you are pressed budget wise, then you can think about this as a better alternative.
Sun Joe SWJ800E has a pole that can extend up to about 9 feet for a full reach of 15 feet. It’s designed to cut high tree limbs and thin logs and is equipped with a less powerful 6.5-amp motor compared to the 8-amp motors both Remington Ranger models carry.
This Pole Saw cut branches up to 7.5 inches thick and has an 8-inch Oregon cutting bar and chain that automatically lubricates itself, a feature that lacks in the Ranger saws.
Unlike gas-powered tools, the Saw Joe is powered electrically, so it comes with safety features like the push of a button that helps you to operate it without having to deal with smoke, fumes, unpredictable starters or costly tune-ups.
Sadly, the power cord limits movements away from the power source. This sometimes can be a great challenge. The good news is that you can always make the cord longer.
Finally, you may not need to worry about repairs and maintenance. This pole saw comes with a 2-year limited warranty.
- Ideal for cutting overhanging limbs and thin logs
- Telescoping pole extends to 8.7 ft to provide 15 ft of overhead reach
- Powerful 6.5-amp motor cuts branches up to 7.5-inches thick
- 8-inch Oregon cutting bar and chain with automatic lubrication
- CSA approved; Full 2-year warranty
- Easy to assemble
- Telescopic pole extends
- 2-year warranty
- Sturdy design
- Auto lubricates
- Just like other Electric powered pole saws, it’s cord limits movements away from power source
Basically, if you want a saw that won’t emit any fumes, is light, and designed for pruning and trimming thin branches and logs, the Sun Joe Electric pole saw could be an optimal choice.
3. WORX WG309 Electric Pole Saw
WORX WG309 is yet another affordable but powerful pole saw. It’s effective which for small to medium level pruning and cutting chores. It has an excellent 8-amp motor that delivers consistent power for maximum trimming of branches.
It features a 8 feet telescopic pole and rotatable handle that gives you that much needed control when pruning and trimming dense bushes and hard to reach foliage, so you will never need to climb a ladder to cut through high branches again.
It comes with a powerful 8 amp motor that offers you a consistent performance. As well, the device is a perfect tool for your yards light and medium-duty trimming tasks.
This pole is multi functional as it can also be used as a chainsaw. Further, this electronic pole saw comes with a rotatable handle so you can handle it in an easy way and get done with your work more faster.
This pole saw sports a really compact and lightweight design so working with it would be really easy and effortless. It’s easy to carry around and hold when trimming the branches.
It’s patented auto tensioning chain system is another important feature. This helps to extend the lifetime of the pole bar and chain. Moreover, this Pole Saw is easy to maintain the electric pole saw since it comes with the tool-free chain tensioning system and automatic oil pump with level indicator.
You can attach an 8-foot extension pole to the WORX.
- Patented auto-tensioning chain system that can extend the life off the cutting chain,
- An automatic bar and chain oil to keep the chain running smoothly,
- Powerful 8 Amp motor offers consistent performance and durability
- 8 ft extension pole provides 10 ft reach and tool-less installation
- Rotating handle makes trimming and pruning easy tasks
- An oil indicator, so that you can keep your eye on the oil level.
- High quality cutting tool
- Compact and lightweight
- Ideal for small to medium cutting and pruning jobs
- Easily cuts through heavy brush
- Rotatable handle
- Automatic chain oil
May be heavy when extended
If electric pole saw is what you need, then you can give this a consideration. It will definitely not disappoint. It gives an extraordinary performance. You no longer need a ladder when using it.bit requires very minimal maintenance, lightweight and is ideal for cutting up to medium size branches.
4. Black+decker LPP120 Cordless Pole Saw
This is a battery powered pole saw. A 20 Volt MAX Lithium-Ion battery powers this Black+Decker cordless pole saw. This battery type is great as it extends the charge retention and lifespan of the pole saw. The battery can withstand up to 100 cuts per a single charge, making this model an interesting alternative.
This pole saw is fitted with an 8” cutting chain and bar, this enables the saw to tackle a maximum branch diameters of about 6”. Notably, the thicker the branches you prune, the faster the power runs out. More importantly, the pole mounted on this saw extends the reach by 6 ½ to 10 feet.
It is an affordable model with a 2 years warranty and the quality is certainly matching the price.
- 20 Volts Max Lithium Battery
- Up to 14 feet overhead reach
- Over 100 cuts of 1 ½” pine branches in a single charge
- Battery compatible with various tools
- Maximum cutting diameter of about 6”
- Super light
- Adjustable length
- The shaft can be extended quickly and easily to provide a maximum overhead reach of 14 feet.
- Cordless pole saw. Very maneuverable with no wires to get in the way.
- The lithium-ion battery can be fully recharged in less than an hour.
- Two year warranty
- Low powered
- Only two adjustments on hand
This is equally an excellent tool that is lightweight and capable of providing an overhead reach of 14 feet. You may want to try this pole tool to see for yourself.
5. Remington RM2599 Maverick Gas Pole Saw
This gas powered Pole Saw gives an extraordinary performance.You may love to know that this Pole saws performance is not affected by cord limit and battery life.It does require you to mix the gas and oil fuel, but other than that, the saw is able to cut through most branch sizes with ease.
The saw is very easy and convenient to use. It is 7 feet long when all the parts are attached a yet still it can be extended to 12 feet. This Pole Saw is bit heavy to handle, but it’s nicely balanced since the motor is placed at the back of the pole rather than near the saw, unlike electric saws.
The Remington RM2599 Maverick is a good tool for the price thanks to its 25cc 2-cycle engine, and while it can handle tree limbs as thick as 7 inches, many suggest that the blade could have been made a little longer so that it could cut even larger branches.
The pole saw is constructed and designed in a way that makes the trimming easier and convenient. It’s very convenient and boast for durability with low emission of fumes. If you use both pole segments, the pole length is 7 feet long, but if you take a segment away, you can work with the saw in a shorter configuration.
Besides its exceptional cutting performance, the Remington pole saw has a strong 25cc 2 cycle gas engine, which is easy to start due to Quick Start technology, so there is no need to pull the cord multiple times. It is fuel efficient: one tank of gas goes a long way, and the automatic oiler guarantees that the chain is always properly lubricated.
Compared to their electric powered counterparts, gas powered pole saws are very loud in their operations so this is something to keep in mind when buying a gas powered saw. They also require you to mix oil and gas, which can give off a scent while operating it. The noise definitely can be very uncomforting to you and your neighbors. But if you are comfortable with the noise, and possibly operating away from people, then you can go for the device.
- 25cc 2-cycle gas engine
- Quick Start technology makes pull starts easier.
- Low-kickback 8-inch bar and chain with auto oiler.
- Reaches up to 12 feet with a 7-foot extension pole.
- Engine can be used with attachments such as a blower, hedge trimmer, edger, and more.
- Accepts most attachments, which turn this saw into a blower, hedge trimmer, edger, and more.
- Ideal for trimming and pruning hard-to-reach branches.
- Comes with a 2-year limited warranty cover
- Easy to use
- Fuel efficient
- Comes with a 2-year warranty
- Extra attachments – ‘all-in-one tool’
- Automatic Oiler
- Easy to set up
- Easy to start
- Low kickback chain reduces user fatigue
- Noisy operation
- Produces fumes
- Powerful performance
This pole saw boasts of being very easy to assemble and start. You will love its automatic oiler coupled with low kickback chain. The long and the short of it is that this is a pole saw of a kind.
6. Oregon PowerNow PS250 8″ 40V,40Ah Cordless Pole Saw, 8″
This is an exceptional battery powered pole saw. It’s is very expensive, but for your money, you will get the ultimate product of this type. The best part is the design itself. It is made to be lightweight and practical to use.
The Oregon pole saw comes with a 4.0 Ah Battery & Standard Charger. However, there are three other battery variants too. The variants are 2.4 AH battery, 6.0 AH battery and the last one does not come with a battery pack.
It’s battery is very powerful and durable. It has a high capacity of 40V that enables it to run the saw powerfully. Compared to the rest,this pole saw can be used for about 325 cutting applications for just a single charging.
- The Oregon Pole Saw comes with a 40V MAX Lithium Ion Power that can easily give you 500 cuts on 2-3″ branches.
- The Oregon PS250-A6 Pole Saw sports Premium cell technology with constant no-fade power.
- The pole saw allows you to start it instantly also it is free from cords, no gas-oil mixing. There is no warming up process before putting the tool on work.
- The Oregon Cordless pole saw is really easy to assemble easy to hold. The pole saw is super smooth while cutting small trees and tree branches.
- The Oregon pole saw comes with a Mid-mount motor design for better tool balance. The tool also sports a reduced elevated weight and it is super light-weight. The pole saw is balanced and you will not feel much vibration while working with it.
- The Oregon PS250-A6 Pole Saw comes with an adjustable collar, which allows you to extend its length from 7ft to 10ft at no time.
- The pole saw box also comes with a charger and battery. The charger is capable of charging the battery in just 240mins and it.
- Extremely powerful
- Long battery life
- Super sturdy design
- Cast aluminum branch hook
- Well balanced
- Difficulty in assembling
- More expensive
7. Trimmerplus PS720-8 inch Pole Saw
The TrimmerPlus is a multipurpose garden care tool that converts to other tools with the connection of other attachments. It is perfect for pruning and cleaning up your trees and hedges that are hard to reach. The PS720 Pole Saw connects to all attachment-capable string trimmers with no tools and the extended boom reaches up to 12 feet. This add-on TrimmerPlus pole saw can be used to trim branches on trees without using a ladder. The 8-inch bar and chain is lubricated with an automatic oiler to maintain peak cutting performance.
The pole is in two sections and can be assembled at a 7-footlength, extending your reach up to 12 feet. The TrimmerPlus PS720 is backed by a 2-year limited warranty.
- Auto lubrication. The pole saw has an auto oiler that constantly supplies oil to the chain and more. This protects the parts from wear and tear.
- Gas powered. This makes the pole saw very powerful compared to others.
- Maximum reach of 12 feet
- A 7 feet long pole is provided
- Accepts some attachments. This makes it easily convert to other tools with the connection of these attachments.
- Pole has two extension sections
- 8” bar and chain
- Highly versatile with attachments
- Low kickback chain
- Noiseless operations
- Can be used for both trees and hedges
- Reaches a decent overhead height
- Some customers raised issues with its durability
Do you want to trim your branches without using a ladder? If yes, then I would highly recommend this pole saw for you.
8. Poulan Pro 967044201 40V Pole Saw
This is another powerful pole saw for working in your yards. It has excellent features thus very reliable. It comes with a battery that is powerful enough to provide the needed power for an excellent performance.
The pole saw can comfortably be used to trim branches without the use of a ladder. It’s instant push button makes it very easy to start. More importantly, the Pole Saw boast of less noise when in operation..
The automatic oiler keeps the saw running smoothly, and the oil level indicator shows you when the oil needs to be refilled.
- Comes with a long lasting 40V lithium-Ion smart battery
- Fitted with an auto oiler to keep the chain ever lubricated protecting it from friction that can cause wear and tear
- A front adjust chain tensioning system to seamlessly tighten the chain
- The Pole Saw has a height of upto 8 feet making the high branches accessible
- Comes with an instant push button to start the device. This makes using it very easy.
- It also includes a 4-year warranty and 2-year warranty cover for the battery.
- Easy to assemble
- Noiseless operations
- Good battery charge
- Automatic Oiler
- Not for heavy chores
This pole saw is another awesome in the market. If you need a pole saw that will not make noise to your neighbors while giving an extraordinary performance, then you can invest on this.
9. GreenWorks 20672G-MAX 40V 8 inch Cordless Pole Saw
This comes last in our list of best pole saws in the market today yet still it has an exceptional performance with excellent features. It’s better than several other pole saws in the market .
GreenWorks pole saw has a powerful 6.5 amp and a 8-Inch Oregon chain and barr making it a perfect choice for pruning and cutting through slim branches. It is easy to start and assemble, and the 8 foot aluminium shaft comes in three sections, which you can adjust to reach up to cut high branches without causing any strain to your back or arms.
The cutting chain can be adjusted with just a turn of a bolt, and there is a viewing window so you can see when you are running low on oil.
Another good feature that this product has is the aluminum shaft that comes in 3 pieces. These pieces enable the pole saw reach to be extended by 8 feet, which is great for an extended reach.
In addition, the pole saw features a handy nylon carry bag for portability and storage. The highlight of this pole saw is that is comes with a very generous 4 Year Factory Warranty.
- 8” bar and chain
- 40-Volt MAX Lithium-Ion battery
- Instant electric start
- 8 feet reach
- Tool-less chain adjustment and tensioning
- G-Max system compatible
- Easy to start
- Good cutting power
- Ideal for small cutting and pruning jobs
- Quiet operation
- 4 year warranty
- The pole can be heavy and unbalanced when it is completely extended
- The plug can come loose from the machine
- Oil may leak
If quietness in operation is what you need then this is the right pole saw for you. It’s light in weight and has good cutting power to make your work easier.
What to consider when purchasing a Pole Saw
This is one such factor that cannot be ignored. The time length of performance of the pole saw is dependent on the ability of the power source to sustain it. You may want to know the size of your yard or the size of the area whose branches needs to be trimmed. If it’s a larger area, then definitely you need a consistent source of power. Under these circumstances, you may want to consider electric pole saws. However, you must be careful to extend the cord length so that you ain’t inconvenienced.
2.Weight of the Pole Saw
This is a very important consideration as you will be holding the pole saw in your hands for a long time. We recommend that when buying a pole saw, you consider buying a lightweight machine. Gas powered Pole Saws are generally heavier than the other types of pole saws.
This may not be a big deal but necessary. Like every machine, pole saws my experience wear and tear. It gives you a peace of mind to now that you have a warranty cover for your pole saw. A warranty cover of above 2 years is very appealing.
There are different available pole saws in the market of different prices. Some are affordable yet others are very expensive. The society has always taken more expensive products to be of good quality, what can be argued. But you only want to buy a product you can afford.
5. Safety Concern
Having this feature, you can avoid accidental issues. Nowadays more advanced pole saws are coming on the market. Rather many brands are including now anti-vibration feature, good grip handles and more to ensure the highest safety.
6. Length of the pole
The reason for using the pole saws is to replace the need of a ladder and reach out to cut and trim higher branches. We therefore recommend that you consider buying a pole saw of relatively longer pole saw to save you from the agony of straining. Conversely, you can consider pole saws with extendable pole.
Finally, Now that you have gone through the review, we believe you have your questions answered. These pole saws, just like we have discussed are exceptional in every aspect. They are definitely what you need. We hope you benefited from this review.