Drilling machines are one big invention that has really made life easier for carpenters and technicians as well. If you’ve ever had the need to puncture a hole through a concrete wall or maybe a wood using just a hammer and your nail, you would know how difficult such tasks are without the use of a drilling machine. The pain and blisters you would get when you mistakenly hammer your fingers are not pleasant at all.
These days people no longer have to go through that experience as there are various drills available in the market for various purposes. Just like the advent of any new technology comes with its own challenges the drilling machine is not an exception. From the most common one which is the breaking of the drill bit to other complex ones like the drilling machine not lasting long enough. Technicians can easily become frustrated due to one of such problems as this does not only delay their work but also causes them to spend more money trying to get the right tools to do the job.
At times the choice of drilling machines can actually determine the quality of drill you’ll get and how long your drilling tools are going to last, so taking your time to select the right drilling material is necessary.
Review of Some DEWALT Drilling Machines
Here is a review of some DEWALT drilling machine to help you in choosing a suitable tool for your drilling operation.
1. DEWALT DCK280C2 Compact Drill and Impact Driver Combo Kit
This drilling tool is up to 30 percent faster than the normal drills in the market and it has been optimized to withstand any form of wear and tear that could result from drilling hard surfaces. It has a compact two speed drill of 0 – 600 rpm and 0 – 2000 rpm transmissions to allow the adjust the speed based on the particular drilling operation.
Here are some other features of the DEWALT DCK280C2 :
- This device weighs about 10.15 lbs. and uses a lithium ion battery type
- It has a dimension of 15.30in. x 9.70in. x 7.10in.
- The combo box kit comes with a bit tip holder, belt hooks, 30 minutes energy star-rated charger.
- It also comes with some 20-volt max 1.5 Ah lithium-ion batteries
2. DEWALT DCK240C2 Drill Driver Combo Kit
This is another drill very similar to the DCK280C2 and it comes with light weight tools and a high-performance motor. Here are some good features of the DEWALT DCK240C2 drill.
- This drill has a dimension of 15.1 x 6.4 x 9.9 inches
- It weighs about 8.75 pounds.
- The package comes with a 20-Volt Maximum lithium-ion 1.3Ah battery packs
- It also comes with a 20-Volt Maximum charger and a DCF885 20v MAX Lithium Impact Driver
3. DEWALT DCD790D2 Brushless Compact Drill/Driver Kit
This is another 20V drill with an ease of use advantage when compared to other drill bits and weighs a little bit lesser than the DCK240C2 and DCK280C2. Here are some of the features of the DEWALT DCD790D2 MAX XR drill.
- The drill has a dimension of 16 x 10.3 x 4.8 inches and weighs about 8.4 pounds.
- It does not come with batteries but it requires 2 lithium ion batteries and 20V.