DeWalt is commonly known for producing tools that are structurally and integrally strong to handle any drilling work. This is also portrayed in their DeWalt DCD771C2 Compact Drill/Driver.
The DeWalt DCD771C2 is a 20V cordless, Lithium-ion compact drill that has highly excellent torque and speed performances. The drill features a lightweight design, made of sturdy and durable materials, that makes it highly portable and the ideal fit for professionals, DIYers and other home drilling jobs. The very powerful motor gives it a clean performance with a lot of ease.
For a tool from a renowned manufacturer, this tool comes with impressive capability, great performance and all at a very affordable price. The power transmission and variable speed levels make the tool very convenient. Below is a detailed review of the tool that provides a guide on why you need this tool for your every day drilling jobs.
The DCD771C2 compact drill has the following features:
- A High-Performance Motor – The drill comes with a motor that delivers 300 unit watts (UWO) out of power completely able to perform a wide range of tasks in a smooth and seamless manner.
- A Light-Weight Design – Made from sturdy and durable materials, this drill comes at only 3.64 pounds while measuring 13.9 x 9.9 x 42 inches. This petite frame makes the drill compact and lightweight, which makes it fit into tight areas effortlessly.
- Speed – the drill has high-speed transmission delivering two speeds, i.e. 0-450 and 1500 RPM, as well as 15 different settings for a variety of drilling and fastening applications.
- Cordless Usage – the drill comes with two 20V Max Compact Lithium-ion batteries that enable you to work efficiently without the need to connect to a power source. This also helps to reduce the risk of accidents that may be brought by using a long cord while working.
- Ergonomic Handle – As mentioned above, this hand-operated drill is quite light which reduces the risk of pain from exhaustion from long working hours. The ergonomic handle prevents against straining of the hands, arms and wrists. This means added maneuverability and control, making it very easy to use the tool.
- Fast-Charging Battery – the battery is designed in such a way that it only takes 30 minutes to one hour to reach complete charge. The charging process also shuts off automatically once full charge is reached. The batteries last for a relatively long time on a single charge.
The DeWalt Drill Driver comes packed with a number of advantages which include:
- For a drill with a 300-watt power and high-speed performance, it comes at a reasonably affordable price that gives you total value for your money. It delivers a smooth and seamless job that makes it worth the price.
- Due to the lightweight design featured on this drill, it is highly suitable for all genders, male and female. The 3.64-pound weight means that you don’t need to be muscles-packed to lift and use this tool.
- Its capability to have variable speed gives the opportunity to choose between the 0-450 RPM or the 1500 RPM. The slower speed aids people who invariably strip screws or remove them improperly.
- The 20V Lithium-ion fast-charging batteries give the tool an edge since it removed the need to use a cord when working. This not only reduces the chance of accidents, but also helps you work in tight fitting areas.
- The ergonomic handle makes the handling of the tool pain-free, as well as adding to the control and maneuverability by the user, while also delivering comfort.
- Like other latest tools from DeWalt, the drill also comes with an LED light that is positioned right above the trigger. Although quite small, this light is able to provide enough illumination when working in low light conditions. It also has an automatic switch that turns it off 20 seconds after releasing the trigger.
- The drilling package also comes with a number of accessories. It comes with a handy bag, a set of 20V batteries and an 18V XR charger. The bag is very durable and compact, enabling users to neatly organize the components inside it.
Although this tool comes with a variety of benefits, it also has some cons as there is no perfection in tools. They are highlighted below:
- The DCD771C2 is an impact driver and not a hammer drill. This means that’s it not ideal for drilling on a concrete surface. It doesn’t mean that you actually can’t use it; it will just overheat the carbide tip and damage the drill bit. Although it has a hammer setting and can drill on porous concrete where shallow holes are required, it will not deliver a clean performance as you would hope for.
- ii. The charging system of the drill could also do with some improvement in order to remain in the acceptable temperature range.
The Final Take
Generally, the DeWalt DCD771C2 offers a solid and highly reliable performance for jobs around your home. Its compact, lightweight and powerful configuration makes using this tool an easy, enjoyable and very comfortable affair. The variable speed capability also allows you to choose that speed that will work best to meet your requirements. This tool is also very suitable for first-time users as well as professionals alike. It is a tool for all your DIY drilling chores around the house. Its variable speed capability lets you select a speed level that you find perfect for any job you need to get done at a point in time.You can find some great drill bits for metal, stainless steel here toolsinside.com.
Here we reviewed Another Dewalt product Dewalt DW745 which is Amazons best selling and high rated products in the market.