Hitachi cordless drills have really come a long way over the last couple years. Armed with strong Lithium-ion batteries, the Hitachi 18-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Drill/Driver which model DS18DSAL is a wonderful tool that gets the job done with relative ease every time. The power that this drill packs does not mean it is a bulky one; it boasts a great lightweight design to make for easy use.
The deal comes with a great range of features to help create a strong drilling and screw driving experience. Still not convinced by the Hitachi Cordless Drill/Driver? This is really the best cordless drill I have used in the last 12 months. Read on to see why this is such a great tool.
- Strong Lithium-ion batteries – Comes with not one but two powerful slide batteries based on Lithium-Ion technology to get you working for hours, or as long as you wish, without being hindered by a weak battery.
- Compact and lightweight design – Weighs less than three and a half pounds, making it quite easy to use and enhancing execution of neat jobs, including overhead work.
- 22-drive clutch settings – Has a clutch with an impressive 22 driving stages to provide you with superb torque control and excellent precision.
- LED work light – Fitted with LED light to provide much-needed illumination on a work surface, especially in very dark settings.
- Battery charger circuitry – Designed to prevent overheating and power loss through the mechanism of battery charger circuitry.
- Variable speed – Has dual speed settings to let you select the appropriate speed that gets individual tasks executed superbly.
- Generous warranty – Covered by Hitachi’s 10-year Lithium-ion tool warranty as well as two-year Lithium-ion battery warranty.
Probably the first thing you will appreciate about the Hitachi 18-Volt 1/2-inch Cordless Drill/Driver is its compact and lightweight design. It weighs just about 3.5 pounds, with this ensuring that fatigue is kept well under control when being used. In spite of its portable package, the tool packs in superb power with its 1.5Ah Lithium-ion slide batteries, which offer extended run time and are less bulky than traditional NiCad or NiMH batteries. These batteries offer about three times more charge cycles than standard NiCad or NiMH batteries.
The Cordless Drill/Driver boasts an amazing 460 inch-pounds of torque to enable you power through very hard materials. The tool’s clutch, which features 22 driving stages plus one special mode for drilling, helps to ensure precision driving and high torque applications. The drill features a variable speed trigger for choosing between 0-350rpm and 0-1,500rpm speed settings as suitable to the project you are working on.
You get LED work light to provide lighting to make your work more enjoyable, especially when working in dark places. The Hitachi DS18DSAL Cordless Drill/Driver’s five-position Lithium-ion flashlight, which stands alone and can easily be adjusted, lets you provide lighting at the specific area you are working at a time. The drill has a 1/2-inch keyless ratcheting chuck, which accepts a wide variety of bits. Changing bits is quite fast and easy. The tool has externally accessible carbon brushes to make the process of changing brushes stress-free.
Although it has many positive reviews, the Hitachi 18-Volt 1/2-inch Cordless Drill/Driver has some users who are not satisfied with certain aspects. Some say built-in bit holder would have been a wonderful addition to the tool. Somewhat strangely, there has also been a complaint that the drill does not offer sufficient power.
The Hitachi DS18DSAL 18-Volt 1/2-inch Lithium-Ion Cordless Drill/Driver is a great tool worth having if you do drilling or screw driving jobs every now and then. With robust 1.5Ah Lithium-ion slide batteries and 460 inch-pounds of torque, it is not only suitable for DIY enthusiasts, but also for professionals.
Its 22 drive settings and a special drill mode make it suitable for high torque applications and accurate driving. A variety of other features, including LED light and variable speed settings, further help to guarantee execution of perfect jobs.
Hitachi DS18DSAL will be longer then other tools ?
Answer : It may be longer then other tools like DEWALT. whatever its depends on your use. but its very much reliable tool you will get. In recent time some users also mentioned that this tool is amazing and its service also very fine. Its power (torque) is more then other tools.