Rockwell doesn’t have as well know a name as some of the other brands we have reviewed but that’s not to say they don’t produce quality power tools. Having been around since 1945 they have a trusted reputation. This table saw comes with all the necessary features of a good quality table saw.
This compact yet effective table saw is only a fraction of the cost of the bigger brand table saws. An excellent buy if this tool can help you time working but wont to blow the budget. The Rockwell RK7240.1 Shop Series 13 Amp 10-Inch Table Saw is packed with many great features that remove stress from all timber working tasks and make your life much easier.
Let’s take a closer look whether this is the perfect tool for you or not.
- Large and conspicuous on/off safety switch – This takes control and safety to another level — perfect for an emergency situation.
- Reinforced stand – Comes with a reinforced cast aluminum stand for a more convenient setup and an enhanced ease of use.
- Integrated dust collection system – Effectively manages sawdust produced from cutting. A big bag holds the sawdust and removes the need to pause in-between tasks to clear dust from your work table.
- Quick lock rip fence – Helps to make tasks on large stocks to be completed easily and efficiently
- Lightweight – The tool is not overly heavy and so can easily be moved from workshop to job site.
The Rockwell Table Saw comes with several features and controls that will certainly make your tasks seamless. For example, the blade tilt system used for this tool makes for the easy operation because of the presence of conspicuous markings for setting angles with ease. Also, the rip fence possesses a single clamp that you can easily operate with just one hand, and the blade guard is completely automatic.
Weighing in at slightly less than 49 pounds, the Rockwell 10-Inch Table Saw is a good choice for someone who has portability as a main criterion for the perfect table saw. It is impressive to think this factors in a sizeable table and a 10-amp motor as well. It is ideal for anyone choked for space or who needs to frequently move his table saw from one place to another for work.
The quality of material used for the Rockwell RK7240.1 10-Inch Table Saw’s miter gauge leaves more to be desired. It is difficult for it to hold an angle of 90 degrees. Just like those on many of its rivals, the tool’s miter groove is rather shallow, but you are only more likely to notice this when making use of a jig. The shallow miter groove problem can be attributed, in part, to the thickness of the table.
The Rockwell Shop Series 13 Amp 10-Inch Table Saw is a great tool in the light of its features and performance when executing jobs. One thing that also makes it all the more interesting is the fact that it represents very great value for money. You will agree with this view when you consider its powerful 10-amp motor and cast aluminum components, amongst others. With all its impressive features, the table saw remains very portable. However, the material used for the miter gauge could have been a little better designed.